Congratulations Democrats across the country! In the hard fought victories last night we begin our march forward to 2018.
Greenberg Quinlan Rosner congratulates our victorious 2017 clients, including New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, Seattle Mayor-elect Jenny Durkan, Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan, Manchester, NH Mayor-elect Joyce Craig, Toledo Mayor-elect Wade Kapszukiewicz, and the New Jersey Senate and Assembly Democrats.
- In New York City, Mayor Bill de Blasio swept to re-election with 66 percent of the vote. De Blasio’s first term as Mayor was highlighted by steady economic growth, increasing wages, police and criminal justice reform, Universal Pre-K, and an increase in affordable housing. We are excited to continue helping Mayor de Blasio enact positive, progressive change in America’s largest city. GQR’s team was led by Anna Greenberg, Dave Walker, and Aida Bibart.
- In Seattle, GQR was proud to help Jenny Durkan emerge from a field of over 20 candidates to become the next Mayor of Seattle. A former U.S. Attorney under President Obama, Durkan earned 28 percent in a crowded primary and leads with 61 percent of the vote after early returns in the hard-fought general election. Durkan will become Seattle’s first female Mayor since 1926 and first ever openly lesbian Mayor. Congratulations to the entire Durkan team. GQR’s team was led by Anna Greenberg, Ben Winston, and Jason Ashley.
- In Detroit, GQR congratulates Mayor Mike Duggan, who won a resounding 72 percent of the vote and another term as Mayor. Duggan has helped expand opportunity and prosperity as Detroit rebounds and rebuilds from the economic downturn. GQR’s team was led by Al Quinlan.
- In Manchester, NH, Joyce Craig became the first woman elected Mayor in the city’s 171-year history. Craig won 53 percent of the vote, defeating four-term incumbent Republican Ted Gatsas in the contest to run the largest city in New Hampshire. GQR’s team was led by Missy Egelsky and Clinton Willbanks.
- In Toledo, GQR congratulates Wade Kapszukiewicz on becoming the next Mayor of Toledo. As Lucas County Treasurer, Kapszukiewicz founded the Lucas County Land Bank, bringing in over thirty million dollars to improve local neighborhoods. He has a history of getting results for his community, starting the pharmacy card network saving seniors and others money on their prescription drug costs, and creating a low-interest program for small businesses that helped local businesses create and retain jobs. Kapszukiewicz brings strong leadership, new ideas, and a history of making government work for the community to City Hall. GQR’s team was led by Elizabeth Sena and Jason Ashley.
- Greenberg Quinlan Rosner congratulates the Senate and Assembly Democrats in New Jersey, who each won their largest Democratic majority in decades. GQRR was proud to be a part of the effort and our work was led by Al Quinlan, Ethan Smith and Kelly Higgins.
- Greenberg Quinlan Rosner would also like to congratulate New Jersey Senate President Steve Sweeney, who won a hard fought race despite millions of dollars spent against him. Sweeney garnered 59 percent of the vote in the most expensive legislative race in history. GQR’s team was led by Al Quinlan and Kelly Higgins.
*All numbers as of reported returns on Nov 8, 2017.